Thank you so much to Rev. B. Keith Haney https://revheadpin.org for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award! And for your lovely blog that continually lifts my spirit. The Light Breaks Through is right! I have never been nominated for an award before- so as I said– I am both humbled and excited, to say the least! Coming up with seven things to say about myself is a challenge. Since my blog contains the story of my life, it’s very hard to think of something that hasn’t been said already! I will certainly do my best.
Thank the person that nominated you and leave a link to their blog Post about the award Share 7 facts about yourself Nominate at most 15 people Tell your nominees the good news!
7 Facts About Me:
- I was the pitcher for a girls fast pitch softball team for about seven years, and was voted All-Star player for five years in row- pitching several no-hitter games.
- I’m a bit of a tomboy (do they still use that word?). The “jeans only, no dresses allowed” rule holds true in my world. Ok, occasionally I dress up.
- I can eat pasta until it’s coming out of my ears. I cook a pretty mean meat sauce and a pasta with chicken, asparagus, sun-dried tomatoes and capers- covered in a lemon butter/parmesan cheese & garlic sauce. (And I’ve just made myself hungry!)
- I do NOT like to bake (pastries, etc.). Mainly because the flour usually ends up everywhere but in the bowl.
- I’ve mentioned this on comments, but I don’t think I’ve said it in my blog: I’ve always been afraid to fly. I hope to conquer that soon because I want to see the world! I flew only once, when I was about 10, in my uncle’s private plane. We flew over my house! BUT, I was young and that was before I realized what flying was. I’ve never been on a commercial airplane, but I LOVE airports. Seeing all of those people boarding and exiting planes reassures me that I can do this!
- I taught myself how to use a computer back in the days of DOS, and dabbled in HTML before I got my hands on website templates.
- I obtained my California Real Estate Salesperson license in 2007, and actually found out yesterday that it expired this month! I still have awhile to renew it- but I am hemming and hawing over it, as I’m not sure if I’ll ever use it again. BUT– time will tell. I need to pray on this one (mainly because of the fees to renew it).
I am honored and extremely grateful. Thank you again!
Naming others is hard because everyone I follow is lovely. And I follow A LOT of blogs! My nominees are ten blogs that have visually (or verbally) inspired me, taught me things, and/or encouraged me over the quarter of a year that I’ve been blogging.
Thank you for sharing beauty- whether it be through your photos or your words, or BOTH- with the world! –