Endless Rivers

of Hope

Brussels Sprouts Art

Sprouts that is.

Actually… I had no idea WHAT this plant was when I decided to use it in my Garden Art. This may be one of the last pieces in that series, too. For now anyway. I started working at two (very small) part time jobs, so when you add that to school, things are starting to get hectic.

I’m taking a couple of online classes at the community college until I start playing with “the big kids” at the University in May. Don’t think I’m a cheater, but one of the online classes I’m in right now is an intro to WordPress. I better ace that class or I quit! Not really.

What I’m hoping is that I’ll learn some new secrets that they’ve been hiding from me. You know… cool things they hide in the settings panel; stuff like that. Hey, you never know!

Back to the plant… I knew this plant looked like a GIANT cabbage or something, but I was pretty stoked to learn it’s Brussels sprouts. Apparently the sprouts grow on stalks beneath all of these gnarly leaves. I’ll let you know how they taste if I ever get to eat one.

Anyway, I tried to make it “dreamy” because it reminds me of a rose that is starting to bloom—which seems to be some weird ongoing theme here lately. 😉

And muse is such a great word. I guess ALL of the plants in the backyard are my muses. Anything is my muse. I just need to close my eyes.

“Fool,” said my muse to me. “Look in thy heart and write.”

Philip Sidney

Word of the Day Challenge: Muse

10 thoughts on “Finding my Muse in Brussels

1. Dad4Gracie says:

This is a beautiful black & white photo!

Liked by 1 person

1. Janet says:

Thank you John!! 🥰

Liked by 1 person

2. David says:

Met your muse in Brussels…sprouts, lol! So interesting they are teaching a class on WP. They should give your extra credit since you are already using it. Let us know if you learn any secrets – I won’t tell anyone. 😊

Liked by 1 person

3. gr8ful_collette says:

You’re so creative!! I need to get outside and spend more time with my garden muses!! Love this.

Liked by 1 person

1. Janet says:

Thanks Collette! Yeah get on out there 😊😊

Liked by 1 person

4. Fried Brussels sprouts go awesome along a Rib Eye steak 🙂 Happy weekend, Janet! And don’t stress yourself! Marcus

Liked by 1 person

1. Janet says:

Hi Marcus! Thank you and you as well! I will give that a try some time. Nice to hear from you!! 😊

Liked by 1 person

5. judibwriting says:

Brussel sprouts taste great after a hard frost- I suppose where you are that won’t happen? For me they were always fall beauties. Love seeing them as unfolding art.

Liked by 1 person

1. Janet says:

Hi Judi! No probably no frost here especially since it’s getting warmer now. Good to know though!