Endless Rivers

of Hope

Girl in Red

Country music is three chords and the truth.

Harlan Howard

Now that my garden art is dead and gone (the series, not the garden), it’s time to start something new. The journaling just isn’t working for me. It’s not really coming from my heart. I think maybe introspection—and writing about introspection—needs to be done offline.

Maybe some thoughts really ARE supposed to be private. I can’t say the things I need to say, or discover what I need to discover, when I know that other people are listening. Ha! Go figure. After thinking long and hard, I’ve decided that the next series is going to be…

Everything Red.

Photographs, writing, and who knows what. Anything and everything that is about, includes, or is inspired by the color red.

So… tonight I’m going with this Country Fair photograph.

I’m not sure if the girl in red was looking at me, or at someone behind me, but she doesn’t look too happy. Maybe she was seeing red?? Anyway, that’s about all for now. I hope you enjoyed the image and will come back soon for some more on red.

Peace & Love!

I’ve never hosted a challenge, and not sure I’m even set up for it, but if red inspires you to try something new… feel free to share it!

14 thoughts on “Country Fair

1. Janet says:

That is a great one Z!!!

1. Rhen Laird says:

I’m really liking your theme of “series”, Janet–and “red” certainly evokes a plethora of thoughts, feelings, images…so I may well come up with a red poem for you later 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. Janet says:

Awesome!! Thank you Z. Love ya!!

1. Rhen Laird says:

Most welcome, love you too 🙂

Liked by 1 person

2. Dad4Gracie says:

Janet, I really like this! One object in red, everything else black & white or earthy tones. It has huge potential as a series. The expression on the girl’s face tells a story for sure.

Liked by 1 person

1. Janet says:

Thank you John! I appreciate that. I think this will be an exciting project. ❤🎈🥀

Liked by 1 person

1. Dad4Gracie says:

Red is one of my favorite colors too. I have a LOT of red shirts! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

2. Janet says:

HaHa! That’s good. I love red too… especially mixed with black and white. Red shirts are bold. 🤩🥰

Liked by 1 person

3. John says:

Some thoughts are just not meant to be on any blog. I like the young gal looking back, she’s looking right at you and certainly looks unhappy.

Liked by 1 person