Endless Rivers

of Hope

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

Alan Watts

I thought I’d create this composite piece to express how I’m feeling this evening: Empowered.

Nothing earthshaking has happened. The scale hasn’t tipped and my willpower crumbled again at the sight of the cookies. The good news is that—with a little help from the family—that little brown box is empty now. Yay! Overall I’m eating much better than I was a week ago, so I’m making positive changes. That’s not why I feel empowered, though.

The fact that I see this as an endless undertaking is what is giving me strength. There is no finish line; no gold medal to be won if I move at warp speed. I have months (even years) to work on this lifestyle change… and that is what empowers me. I have time.

I’ve taken the plunge, and although the changes are slow and small, I am in there… moving and dancing with them.

Peace & love everyone. Thank you for allowing me to share my journey with you!

12 thoughts on “Empowered

1. Rhen Laird says:

Wow wow wow, Janet–thanks for taking us on the journey with you. Huge blessings, and LOVE ❤

Liked by 1 person

1. Janet says:

Thank you Z… as always. ❤❤❤

1. Rhen Laird says:

You’re most welcome…as always ❤ Your "Z"

Liked by 1 person

2. gr8ful_collette says:

I love that, Janet. It’s not a task with a deadline you have to complete…it’s a process. A lifestyle change that involves mental (mindset) and the physical.

Liked by 1 person

1. Janet says:

Exactly. I had to remind myself of that when I’d start to get down on myself for one little cookie. Well maybe 3 ☺️. It doesn’t happen overnight. Thank you! 😘❤

Liked by 1 person

3. judibwriting says:

Great image- full of dynamic energy into and from the Forever.

Liked by 1 person

1. Janet says:

Thanks Judi!! ❤

4. I don’t believe I’ve faithfully considered Endless anything. My shortsightedness … Eternal, yes. Time I had a different perspective. Here’s to your Empowerment and successes, Janet

Liked by 1 person

1. Janet says:

It’s new to me too and it’s working. I guess it’s about the same as “one day at a time,” but from this perspective it also says… “we still have tomorrow to do better.” I think it adds a push to keep going rather than just give in. Anyway thank you Michael. 😘

Liked by 1 person

1. Agreed, Janet. I’m big believer in “Do Over’s” … 😊🙏

Liked by 1 person

5. JustBeingMe says:

That’s a great quote. I think you’re right about the lifestyle change too. I’m sure thinking about it that way is key to success. 🙂

Liked by 1 person