Endless Rivers

of Hope

The Hot Seat

March 21, 2020

Chair on a bridge

This chair was abandoned on a bridge near my house and I thought of the Pull up a Seat Photo Challenge (2020 Week 12) when I saw it. It’s an interesting setting with all of the metal bars on the bridge; so many lines and shadows!

Normally that bridge is open during the day for pedestrians, but since it’s locked up right now (no school kids walking by) the chair has taken up residency.

As I said before, this social distancing hasn’t really affected “my routine” since all of my classes are online right now, but the eeriness of it all is still so odd. I have no fears, but I DO wonder how the ending will play out. There will be so much fall out; domino effects, ripples, repercussions and consequences. Life will be changed for so many.

Anyway, I think the dilapidated chair surrounded by bars says it all.

Kind of creepy.

20 thoughts on “The Hot Seat

1. Gilberto says:

The meek shall inherit the earth
    Your steady humble life is winning and will win in eternity
    Xox

2. gr8ful_collette says:

That is an interesting photo, both the visual aspect and the subject matter. It invites you to create its story. 👍🏻💕

1. Janet says:

True! Wow maybe I should write a short story about her… definitely have the time.

Liked by 1 person

3. I see hope with the chair. Hope it finds a better fate than being abandoned. Perhaps, another purpose. Like a willing and worthy subject for a post and photo opportunity. Thank you for Hope, Janet 💜🙏

Liked by 2 people

1. Janet says:

Haha thanks Michael! Oh now you’re making me feel sorry for it. Maybe I should take it in and assess the possibility of upcycling. Hmm.

Liked by 1 person

1. Oh, no, please no guilt. No time or room for guilt … I didn’t mean it that way. But, yes, it up cycling is possible, go forth. Your art is beautiful. Keep it flowing.

2. Janet says:

I was kidding about guilt. I should have said curious lol

Liked by 1 person

3. I remember when (me) being gullible was adorable 😍… all good, Janet. Blessings 😊🙏

4. Janet says:

still adorable 🙂

5. Aw, shucks 😊🙏

1. Janet says:

Thanks Elizabeth! Hope you’re doing well!

4. Rhen Laird says:

Fabulous photo to go with your fine post, Janet!! Yes, eerie indeed. I can’t recall his name, but I heard an expert in contagious disease/pandemics say today that we’re looking at “months, not years”–which sounded encouraging. My low-level stress is minimal, a contagious symptom of the 24/7/Everywhere news bites and warnings–I’m not worried about getting sick, but a bit concerned about the “shortage crisis”. I shouldn’t have looked up TP on Amazon–totally overwhelming… 🙂

AND, I ordered my step-counter thing–it will arrive before the end of the month…thanks for helping me think “healthier” 🙂 Blessings to you ❤

1. Janet says:

Thanks Z! I looked at TP on there too. It is so hard to fathom the shortage. So happy for you on the step counter!! I may not always reach my goal but I step more often than I did before I bought it so it’s a blessing nonetheless. We can keep tabs on each other! Encourage each other! Yay!

1. Rhen Laird says:

Yes, I wouldn’t be surprised if, after the step counter arrives, my treadmill looks more inviting 🙂 And at yesterday’s price, I won’t be buying Nacho chips as a habit, so that will help too 🙂 I’m picky about TP–I’d like to be able to see it up close, before ordering on Amazon…guess we’ll see how desperate I get! The widespread shortages, bare shelves–it’s just surreal–and my heart goes out to all the people who’ve lost wages…some jobs can’t be worked at home on the Internet. My grocery store “family” did get a $2 raise to help with the shortened store hours–but not everyone made the staff cuts. My prayer list gets longer–not that I mind ❤

2. Janet says:

😘❤

5. John says:

Great photo. So many questions in it. Being a home-body, my routine also isn’t terribly disrupted yet I fear for my family. Spoke with most of them today. Be well. 🙏🏻

1. Janet says: