I’m humbled to share that I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award and it is my honor to accept it (and to pass the torch on to some of the wonderful blogs that I follow). A big Thank You and Shout Out to Michael A. Kuch at Kuched.blog for the nomination. I read Michael when I’m having coffee, lying in bed, and occasionally while dancing.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, and provide a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 other bloggers.
- Ask your nominees 11 questions.
- Notify your nominees once you have uploaded your post
Answers to Michael’s Questions
- If you were a shape, would you rather be a square, triangle, circle, or free-form amoeba? Definitely amoeba! I’m extremely fluid and could never be confined to a rigid shape.
- Name one habit you would like to quit and one you would like to start? I’d like to stop questioning and doubting myself all of the time. I’d like to start walking regularly (at least 3 days a week like I had planned!!)
- If you could change your first name, what would you call yourself? Levi.
- What does the world need: more love or less hate? Well… now that Jackie DeShannon and Dionne Warwick are singing it in my head (and probably will be for the rest of the day), I’d have to say “What the World needs now, is Love, Sweet Love.” It is my hope that hate will dissipate when enough of that sweet love is spread around.
- Have you ever been mistaken for someone else? Many times. I’m not sure WHO, but I’ve often heard; “Oh, wow… you look just like someone else I know” or “I’m sorry, I thought you were someone else.” Who IS this mystery woman they call someone else? That’s what I’d like to know.
- What’s your favorite Car Karaoke song to sing? There are SO many, but for an energetic drive I’d have to say Happiness by NEEDTOBREATHE (link provided because it’s a great song by one of my favorite bands who I saw in concert not long ago… thank you very much).
- Burial, Cremation or Cryogenically Frozen? Honestly, I don’t like to think about death so I have no idea yet.
- How do you like your apples? I don’t really like apples but I’ll eat Apple Pie on special occasions (if there is no Banana Cream on hand) and I’ll eat parts of a Candied or Caramel Apple.
- What’s missing in your life? A beach house or an R.V. to roam the countryside. I’ll shoot for one or the other (or both!) when I retire. Retire “from what” I have NO idea. Ha-Ha-Ha!
- Favorite toy as a child? I’d have to say roller and/or ice skates. I’m actually thinking of taking up rollerblading again (did that in my 30’s and loved it).
- Salty or sweet tooth? Both, but if I MUST choose I’ll take sweet.
11 Facts About Myself
- I don’t really care for shoes.
- When I was young, I wanted to be a dancer. I keep telling myself—as motivation—that if I can lose the extra pounds that are holding me back (keeping me from being limber and causing shortness of breath when I work out), I’ll reward myself with private dance lessons. I’m 99% sure this will happen.
- I have NO Italian in my blood, but I married one, lived with another one for 10 years, and have dated several. I have no explanation for this. Maybe I’m just drawn to names that end in a vowel? (Joke!!)
- Number 3 can’t be confirmed because I’ve never had my DNA tested. Note to Self: Do that, for the sake of curiosity.
- I don’t fly.
- I talked too much and had no filter when I was a toddler, became painfully shy around the age of 13, and now—in my fifties— I’m back to talking too much with no filter.
- My attention span lasts about 3 minutes.
- I know I have WAY more to contribute to this world than what I’ve offered thus far, and that’s the goal I’ll be focusing on after graduation next year.
- I don’t own a car at the moment, but with the way gas prices are going it may be time to buy one.
- I miss my road trips SO much and hope to be off on a new adventure when school is finished.
- If I ever overcome my fear of flying I’d LOVE to visit all of those places I can’t get to right now.
My Nominees Are…
I’ve listed these 5 women because they’re kind, thoughtful, funny, and inspiring… and I can relate to them all in so many different ways. I love reading their posts, and I encourage others to check out their blogs. I could go on and on with nominees, but I’m keeping it simple today.
Questions for my Nominees
I’m going to mix and match here as my imagination is running low, and my 3 minute attention span ran out an hour ago!
- What is your greatest life lesson so far?
- What’s your favorite Car Karaoke song to sing?
- Name one habit you would like to quit, and one you would like to start?
- What has been your greatest challenge in the past month?
- Share one thing you’ve never shared before about yourself.
- What are you most afraid of?
- Have you ever been mistaken for someone else?
- What’s missing in your life?
- What is the number ONE thing on your bucket list?
- Would you rather camp or do a five star hotel?
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
I’m sorry to anyone I’ve left out. You’re welcome to to join in… NO discrimination here, and I’ve never been one to follow the rules!
Peace & Love…